Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Comics for Wednesday, August 31, 2011

With DC shipping only two books this week on the eve of their line-wide reboot, it's a pretty light week for me (I'm only picking up 3 books unless something appeals to me when I'm at the shop). Here's a list of what I'm picking up. You can find the full shipping list here.....

Justice League #1 - DC's new 52 starts here at the hands of Geoff Johns and Jim Lee. There is no reason that Justice League shouldn't be DC's top-selling book every month, but sadly that hasn't been the case for a very long time. No matter who the creative team is, the book has just floundered. I haven't enjoyed a JLA book since Grant Morrison left the title back in 2000!! I'm curious to see what Johns has in store for us and it will nice to have Lee back on a monthly title. I'm definitely grabbing the first issue. We'll see how long that continues. It's also important to mention that this marks the beginning of DC's new day-and-date digital approach. So going forward, if the issue is on the stands, you can purchase it from DC's digital app the same day.

Rocketeer Adventures #4 - If you haven't been picking up this mini-series you missed out. Big time!! Each issue is made up of three short stories. The stories are unrelated, and so are the issues, so if you missed the first three there's no reason you can't jump on to the fourth and final issue. Did I mention that each issue has been written and drawn by some of the greatest writers and artists in the game? I can't believe the names that have worked on this book over four issues: Dave Gibbons, Joe Pruett, John Arcudi, Scott Hampton, Tony Harris, Brenadan McCarthy, Alex Ross, Dave Stewart, and Darwyn Cooke. Just to name a few!!!

Red Sonja #57 - This one is for my wife. I've read a few issues here and there but it's been a while so I'm not entirely sure what has been happening up to this point. At 57 issues it looks like I have some catching up to do.




No comments: