Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Casey Jones

I have a soft spot for the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. I watch it at least once a year and I think it still holds up. The movie has its share of memorable moments, and many of those moments involve Casey Jones.

The goalie mask-wearing, baseball-bate wielding vigilante is one of my favorite characters from the Turtles universe. Created as a parody of other ultra-violent vigilante characters, i.e. The Punisher, Casey has appeared in almost every incarnation of the Turtles since his debut in 1985.

Apparently I'm not the only one who can't get enough Casey Jones. It appears an independent filmmaker has put together a 35-minute fan film  addressing Casey's origin. I haven't watched the whole film yet, but the trailer looked really good. You can tell that a lot of time, money and energy was spent on this and I can't wait to see it in full. Head over to their website and check it out for yourself.
 
http://caseyjonesthemovie.com/

No comments: